Rio's outbound short series of lines are designed to cast large and heavy flies and get huge distances easily. Built with a short, aggressive front taper that easily carries large, weighted streamers, and a powerful head design that loads rods deeply and quickly for fast, easy distance. A full range of densities make this a very versatile line series for both the freshwater and saltwater angler. Best of all, the line is built with slickcast, the slickest, most durable coating on the market.
We love this line for fishing the rips and from shore.
There are 6 different density lines to cover every fishing situation:
- A full floating line (f), for top water action
- A floating line with 15ft of "hover" sinking line, then 15ft of clear intermediate sinking line at the front (f/h/i), for fishing 2-3 ft deep
- A full intermediate sinking line with a 15ft clear tip (i), for fishing 3-5ft deep an intermediate sinking line with 17ft of medium sinking line, then 13ft of fast sinking line at the front (i/s3/s5), for fishing 4-8ft deep
- An intermediate sinking line with 17ft of fast sinking line, then 13ft of extra fast sinking line at the front (i/s5/s7), for fishing 6-12ft deep
- A full, extra-fast sinking "dredger" line (s7), for maximum depth